How to Study Abroad
Salisbury Abroad Handbook
You're interested in studying abroad. So what happens now?
- Review program pages online. See updated details, course requirements, program costs, etc. Click the link below to get started and view the Study Abroad Programs.
- Talk to a peer advisor in the Commons. They are available on Tuesdays from 5pm - 7pm and Wednesdays from 11am - 1pm.
- Set up a meeting with a study abroad advisor to learn more about the programs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-677-5027.
- Meet with your academic advisor to ensure your desired program fits with your major/minor.
- Apply to your chosen program.
- While you're waiting to hear about acceptance, apply for financial aid.
- Once you are accepted, commit to participating by submitting your "Enrollment Forms" in your online application.
- Attend your orientation meeting(s) to learn key details related to your program.
- Go abroad! Learn! Think! Grow! Experience new things! Be changed forever!
- How do I choose a study abroad program that is best for me?
- Can I study abroad with my major?
- How will I know if my credits will transfer?
- How much does it cost to study abroad?
- Is there any financial aid available?
- When do most students study abroad?
- How long before I want to study abroad do I have to start the process?
- I don't speak a foreign language. Can I still study abroad?
- Can I do an internship abroad?
- I know I want to study abroad. How do I start the process?
- Can I study abroad more than once?
- I still have more questions. Whom can I ask?