How to Study at Another Institution
Want to study at a Maryland Community College?
Go to ARTSYS to get a general idea of transferability, however it is not a guarantee. Then follow directions for a course review.
Want to take upper level major courses at another university?
With the approval of your department chair, some major courses may be taken at other institutions; follow the directions for a course review.
To receive credit for courses taken at another institution, follow the steps below for a course review.
- Review your academic requirements page in Gullnet before selecting courses to take at another institution.
- Determine the school where you would like to take the course, and access the schools catalog.
- Find a course that you believe is compatible to the required course at Salisbury University. You can use ARTSYS to get a general idea of transferability, however it is not a guarantee.
- Copy the course description so that you may attach it later.
- Access the online Request to Study at Another Institution form found your Student Center
- Clearly fill out all of the information in the form, including (but not limited to) the semester you plan to take the course, the school where you plan to enroll in the course, and the course name and description. Include a link to the course description.
- Submit the form. You will receive an automated e-mail when the form is submitted.
- Allow up to two weeks for processing. The course may need to be reviewed by its Academic Department. Once it has been processed, you will receive an email notification. You may also check the status of your Request in your Student Center
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.