Financial assistance is available for current students, both undergraduate and graduate, who encounter a sudden and unexpected emergency. Examples of an emergency need include:
- Medications and additional costs related to medical care
- Books and other essential academic expenses
- Safety needs (i.e. changing a lock)
- Replacement of essential personal belongings due to fire, theft, or natural disaster
- Travel costs related to a death or illness in the immediate family
SU Student Emergency Grant
The SU Student Emergency Grant supports students in need of immediate, essential financial help as a result of temporary hardship related to an emergency situation that may result in the student withdrawing from the University. The maximum grant is typically $500.