John K. Knowles Foreign Study Scholarship
2019 application period for students planning to study abroad during:
Winter or Spring 2019
Go to salisbury.academicworks.com to apply!
Log into the Academic Works site (salisbury.academicworks.com) with your Gullnet username and password. If you are logging in for the first time you will be asked to complete a short four question General Application. After you complete the General Application, then you will be provided with a list of recommended opportunities that will require you to complete additional steps to be considered eligible.
The John K. Knowles Foreign Study Scholarship was established by Dr. John Knowles (SU Spanish faculty 1971-1997) in order to expand study abroad opportunities for students studying a foreign language at SU.
An application to the John Knowles Scholarship has two goals:
- To receive funds that will help offset study abroad expenses
- To serve as practice for more demanding grants and applications in the future
For that reason, your application must be:
- Complete. Read the questions thoroughly!
- Well-written. Pay attention to grammar, vocabulary, punctuation, and spelling (Use spell check!)
If you are unsure of the quality of your application, please visit the Writing Center for help.
- Students must be at the sophomore rank or above
- Be a foreign language major or minor at SU. Please make sure to officially declare your major/minor before applying to this scholarship
- Submit an application which describes their personal and academic goals and how these will be met by a study abroad experience.
- An unofficial transcript must accompany the completed application.
Students are expected to participate in Departmental activities that promote study abroad upon their return to campus.
Scholarship recipients are encouraged to keep the Knowles fund alive by donating to the Knowles Scholarship Fund through the University Foundation in the future.