Navigate at SU
Navigate aims to improve communication, streamline student outreach efforts, and provide data-driven insight with the goal of improving retention and graduation rates at SU. The platform provides analytic insights specific to student academic performance, offers a centralized note system for advising and support services, and serves as a scheduling tool for academic advising, faculty office hours and more.
How Navigate Works
Navigate is a comprehensive, early alert and advising platform that combines technology, research and predictive analytics to assist in improving SU student outcomes. It provides effective and efficient means to:
- Early Interventions: Identify/prioritize the students needing assistance;
- Focused Advising: Conduct meaningful advising sessions, engage students who may be at-risk in their chosen academic program, and evaluate and compare alternative major options; and
- Predictive Analytics: Approach students holistically based on their major, course performance, and any barriers that may prevent them from persisting while at SU.
The Navigate’s platform includes:
- Predictive model-based risk scores;
- Quick views of students’ records, notes, and progress;
- Appointment scheduling;
- Work flow technology for coordinated and streamlined student outreach; and
- User-friendly search tools and communication features.
News & Announcements
Program planning appointments will no longer be scheduled in GullNet. Please set up availability in Navigate!
Once Faculty and staff set up their availability, students can schedule appointments with academic advisors, faculty mentors, and instructors (office hours) by using the schedule feature in Navigate Student (available in mobile app and desktop).
Students can filter the appointments by selecting what type of appointment they are looking for, selecting the location for the meeting and then selecting the person they want to meet with.
Please encourage your undergraduate students to download the Navigate mobile app (if they have not done so already).
Please note: If you have not set any availability in Navigate, students will not be able to schedule a meeting with you.
Student Success NavigatorsA faculty member from each academic department has agreed to serve as a Navigate resource. Basic questions about the platform or the app can be directed to them. See below for the Navigator in your area.
General Navigate Training (Location - AC 262) Open to All
- Friday, February 7 from 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Monday, February 10 from 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Thursday, February 13 from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m.