Sea Gull Start-Up & First Flight – SU’s New Student Orientation Experience
All new students (first year and transfer) must participate in both Sea Gull Start-Up and First Flight if starting in the fall, or January Orientation if starting in the spring. These experiences happen at different times but complement one another.
Sea Gull Start-Up will take place in June to help students:
- Learn about academic expectations
- Identify resources and information specific to your major and course selection
- Find out about resources available at SU to support your success.
First Flight, Salisbury University’s multiple-day program facilitated by student leaders, will be held on Thursday – Sunday prior to the first day of classes in August. First Flight will provide valuable information about becoming part of the SU community, making friends, getting involved and becoming comfortable at your new home. The following information is for both first year and transfer students; residential and commuter students – so please be sure to join us! Please note: the schedule for both programs will be updated closer to the actual events and added to our homepage.
Students beginning in the spring semester will take part in a combined version of Sea Gull Start-Up & First Flight called January Orientation. The program will offer components on Sea Gull Start-Up in the afternoon of move-in day (Friday before first day of classes) and will provide components of First Flight throughout the weekend leading up to the first day of classes.
- Orientations Registration & Survey
- New students will gain access to complete their orientation survey and register for a Sea Gull Start-Up date in mid to late April for Fall.
- New students will gain access to complete their orientation survey and register for January Orientation in November for Spring.
- Sea Gull Start-Up
- Summer - is scheduled to take place in-person primarily throughout the month of June, dates to be announced in Mid-April
- New students beginning in Fall are required to attend a Sea Gull Start-Up date
- There will be designated dates for first year students and transfer students
- First Flight
- Fall - is scheduled to take place the Thursday-Sunday before the first day of classes in August
- New students beginning in Fall are required to attend First Flight
- January Orientation
- Scheduled to take place the Friday-Sunday before the first day of classes
- New students beginning in Spring are required to attend January Orientation
As a new member of the flock, all new students are required to complete a number of all online trainings that are designed to prepare you for your time here at SU. The following four trainings are required:
- Diversity Training
- Alcohol Wise
- Consent & Respect
To complete the Diversity Training, Alcoholwise Training and the Consent & Respect Training and the Kognito Training, login to your Admissions Status Portal where you will find the links to the online training platforms.
***Note: we are discontinuing the online modules for the time being.
For some helpful information related to Transfer Student Admissions, please visit this Transfer Student Admissions site.
Stay up to date with your Admissions Status Portal from application to enrollment. The portal will be updated regularly, so make sure you check it on a regular basis.