Borrowers have access to a variety of materials and resources available at the Salisbury University Libraries, and should be aware of applicable library policies and patron responsibilities.
Students, faculty, and staff from Salisbury University and other University System of Maryland libraries may borrow books from the SU Libraries with a valid Gull Card or USM ID. Maryland residents of Wicomico, Worcester, Somerset, and Dorchester Counties may apply for a Special Borrower Card at the Library Service Desk and must present it when borrowing items. Some materials are available only to SU Gull Card holders, so please refer to more specific policies below.
As a borrower, it is your responsibility to:
- keep the borrowed items in good physical condition
- be aware of the library materials' due date as shown in your library accounts
- return or renew library materials by the due date
- return recalled material by its recall due date as shown in your library accounts
- inform the library of any changes to your name, address, or phone number
- report a lost card immediately to the library
- show an item’s damage to Circulation staff before borrowing, to avoid paying charges for pre-existing damage (this includes books, laptops, iPads, charging kits, etc.)
- pay any charges assessed to you